GALLBLADDER Minimally Invasive Surgery
Patients who experience symptoms from gallstones (including jaundice, abdominal pain, or inflammation of the pancreas) usually require gallbladder removal surgery. Until recently, this procedure has been traditionally an open operation through a large abdominal incision. Now, with the expert technique of Hudson Valley Surgical Group's Minimally Invasive Surgery, laparoscopic gallbladder surgery is the best method for treating gallstones. It is performed through a series of smaller incisions and in most cases just a single incision that results in a speedier recovery for gallbladder patients. Gallbladder surgery is a simple surgery within a complex part of the anatomy. Patients need to seek out highly experienced surgeons. As a team Hudson Valley Surgical group has low to no bile duct injuries in the past 30+ years with over 4,000 gallbladder surgeries.
Minimally Invasive Gallbladder Surgery Advance Techniques
The surgeons of Hudson Valley Surgical Group are highly trained in advanced techniques including use of the da Vinci robot or through laparoscopic cholecystectomy. This is a Minimally Invasive Surgical (MIS) procedure that is performed with video instruments which allow the surgeon to view the gallbladder and surrounding tissue. The gallbladder is removed through one of the smaller incisions which results in less scarring and less post-operative pain for the patient. This method can often be performed as an outpatient procedure.
Patient Benefits to Minimally Invasive Gallbladder Surgery
- High success rate Less than 1% of the 300 gallbladder surgeries performed in the last year resulted in "open surgery." That is significantly lower than the national average and indicative of the high success rate of Hudson Valley Surgical Group's Minimally Invasive Surgery technique. These success rates include acute settings as well.
- Less risk for wound infections Gallbladder surgery wound infections and complications have significantly decreased with far less blood loss and less trauma to the body.
- Less scarring MI gallbladder surgery procedures offer improved cosmetic results.
- Less anesthesia MI gallbladder surgery is ideal for patients with sensitivity to anesthesia.
- Decrease surgery time Superior and precise technology have decreased gallbladder surgery time.
- Less pain MI gallbladder surgery procedures result in less post-operative pain.
- Faster recovery/Shorter hospital stay You will go home sooner!