COLON & RECTAL Minimally Invasive Surgery
Diseases of the colon, benign & malignant, once required open surgery with a large incision, resulting in a difficult and painful recovery time for patients. Now, when appropriate, Hudson Valley Surgical Group utilizes Minimally Invasive Surgery techniques for many diseases of the gastrointestinal system including diverticulitis and colon and rectal cancers.The most common Minimally Invasive Surgical (MIS) colon & rectal procedures include , hemorrhoidectomy, colon removal or repair and small intestine surgery.
Minimally Invasive Colon & Rectal Advance Techniques
The MI Surgeons of HVSG are the experts in laparoscopic, minimally invasive colon surgery. This advanced technique involves a series of four to five smaller incisions (allowing for placement of the minimally invasive instruments), instead of one large incision to perform the surgery. This powerful new technology enables surgeons to complete the surgery faster and more precisely than ever before, a welcomed surprise to many patients who are unaware that minimally invasive colon and rectal surgery is available.
Patient Benefits to Minimally Invasive Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Less risk for wound infections Wound infections and complications have significantly decreased with far less blood loss and less trauma to the body.
- Less scarring MIS colon & rectal procedures require small incisions resulting in less noticeable scars.
- Less anesthesia MIS colon & rectal procedures are ideal for patients with sensitivity to anesthesia.
- Decrease surgery time Superior and precise technology have decreased surgery time.
- Less pain MIS colon & rectal procedures result in less post-operative pain.
- Faster recovery/Shorter hospital stay You will go home sooner!