APPENDIX Minimally Invasive Surgery
Removal of the appendix is imperative if a patient's appendix is infected or inflamed and the patient feels pain in the lower right side of the abdomen (called Appendicitis). At the Minimally Invasive Center of Hudson Valley Surgical Group, our surgeons utilize the most patient-centered approach available today to treat this condition. The team you select for an Appendectomy is extremely important. Hudson Valley Surgical Group regularly starts laparoscopically and follows through laparoscopically on appendix surgery at a higher rate than most others surgically. Rest assured when a Hudson Valley Surgical Group surgeon meets their patient bedside in the emergency room, they are in good hands. They have an extremely low emergency room conversion rate compared to the national rate for the 2000+ Appendix surgeries they have completed.
Minimally Invasive Appendectomy Advance Techniques
The surgeons of Hudson Valley Surgical Group are experts at laparoscopic appendectomy. They use a laparoscopic Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) technique to perform this operation using a camera-guided approach. This allows the surgeon to examine the entire area and remove the appendix through just a slight incision. Utilizing Minimally Invasive appendix surgery, this procedure is significantly less traumatic to the patient.
Patient Benefits to Minimally Invasive Appendectomy
- Decrease surgery time MIS appendectomy can be completed in less than half an hour.
- Less risk for wound infections Appendix surgery wound infections and complications have significantly decreased with far less blood loss and less trauma to the body.
- Less scarring MIS appendectomy requires small incisions resulting in less noticeable scars.
- Less anesthesia MIS appendectomy is ideal for patients with sensitivity to anesthesia.
- Less pain MIS appendectomy results in less post-operative pain.
- Faster recovery/Shorter hospital stay You will go home sooner!