MINIMALLY INVASIVE SURGERY
Quality-of-Life Surgery for Today's Patient
Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) is the most patient-centered surgical approach available today. It involves making a series of smaller incisions to treat a problem instead of one large incision that can lead to complications. MIS is relatively synonymous with laparoscopic surgery, which uses a camera-guided approach to the Minimally Invasive (MI) procedures. The end result is a less invasive, newly defined method for performing surgery on any patient anxious to return to his or her quality-of-life. With 20+ years expertise in a multi-disciplined approach, Hudson Valley Surgical Group is able to select the best procedure required to minimize body trauma with less adhesion. Experience with over 17,960 procedures include da Vinci robot, laparoscopic and minimized traditional open methods. Most procedures are outpatient or require less than one overnight in the hospital.
"Minimally Invasive Surgery is a very patient-centered method of performing surgery," says MI surgeon Dr. Har Chi Lau, "with proven benefits and far less complications." Those benefits include:
- Less risk for wound infections Wound infections and complications have significantly decreased with far less blood loss and less trauma to the body.
- Less scarring MIS procedures require small incisions resulting in less noticeable scars.
- Less anesthesia MIS is ideal for patients with sensitivity to anesthesia.
- Decrease surgery time Superior and precise technology have decreased surgery time.
- Less pain MIS procedures result in less post-operative pain.
- Faster recovery/Shorter hospital stay You will go home sooner and get back to your active lifestyle faster - Many times in a day or less!
Some common conditions and areas eligible for Minimally Invasive Surgery are, but are not limited to: